Thursday, October 30, 2008

AHEM!

*Please read Rhonda's post, below mine, first. Thank You!*

Dearest Little Wildabeast,
I would like you to know that even though my poetic skills are limited, I am still able to create short poems. Everyone can't be a master poem maker like yourself. Just to prove to you my poem making skills I created a poem on the way to Erik and Stacy's house tonight just for you, about you. Here it is:

Rhonda is so sweet.
She's like a little treat.
She is so fine,
and she's all mine.
She is oh so neat!

I learned how to write this kind of a poem in sixth grade. I think it's called a Limerick, am I right master poem writer? I hope that you can enjoy my limited poem writing skills wildabeast because if you did not I would be so sad!

Lots of Love,
Your Waterbuffalo

And for our reading audience's pleasure here is a poem that Rhonda wrote to me during Family Home Evening once:

As the dreary days go by,
I sometimes give a sigh
of unfound love.
The nights and days all fade away
Into dreams of forgotten pleasure.
My love for you that's strong
and true is more than I can measure.
Thine love is like a rose!

Don't we have a grand time in Home Evening? Master poem writer could you tell me what kind of a poem this is? Oh, one more! This is the poem that Rhonda made up spur of the moment when she was sick (the one about ice):

Linda is so nice.
She brings me lots of ice.
When I am sick in bed,
With a hurting stomach and head.

This is proof that the master poem writer does write short poems, but maybe only when she's sick!

2 comments:

Guthrie's said...

Aahh! Without poetry,
Where wouldst we be?
Well done my good and faithful friends.
We will love thy poetry until the end.
(does that work for ya?)
Happy Rhyming!

Lisa said...

Linda, your Rhonda poem is fabulous! I always greatly enjoy your posts :D

And also I like your mom's little poem she wrote in her comment!

AND ALSO you know how you have to type that word verification thing before you can post a comment? The one right below me that I have to type is "gautteri"...at first glance I thought it said "guthrie" and was going to be happy that it fit so well. The end.