Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a perfect day for a wedding!


Reason 10: Wedding: A day that is sure to make you tired and give you a headache. Also, a day that will make you very happy!

Kaela and Derek were married yesterday, and it was a perfect day! On Friday night I was watching the news and the high for the day was 95, but the high for tomorrow (Saturday) was 75 and breezy. It was perfect!! A perfect day for a wedding! So, as I was standing at outside the temple, with the rest of the single people that sadly aren't allowed to go to the temple even though they wish they could so badly, I saw Brother and Sister Bryce. It was nice to talk with them. Then, when they left my grandpa came walking out of the temple. I love my grandpa so much, he is an amazing man! So, I went to talk to my grandpa and he starts crying and tells me that he had the opportunity to seal Kaela and Derek. Of course then I was crying because my grandpa got to seal my best friend in the temple for time and all eternity. Then a little while after that Kaela and Derek came out. They were so happy and just glowing!
Kaela was so gorgeous, and so happy! When we were all standing on the stairs we saw our manager standing there, we told him to come get in the picture, but he wouldn't. So, the cameraman turned around and started taking pictures of him. When we were done with that picture we went over and talked to Jack. He was on his way to the bank and saw everyone gathering so he decided to stop by and see if it was for Kaela and surely enough it was. Kaela had ordered all of her fruits and veggies through Organ Stop and hadn't picked them up yet so Jack cut everything up for us when he went back to work. He is such a good man. I love him to death, he's always looking out for the other guy!

This is the whole "wedding party". Some of our faces look kinda funny because these aren't the professional pictures, they're just from Scott's camera.

Ashlee and I spent most of the day together. I think we're glued together at the hip when Brian, her boyfriend, isn't around. We had lots of fun together!

These are a bunch of pictures of the reception. They are mostly Organ Stop people because that's who I hang out with at functions like this!

This is my cousin Stephen, and his girlfriend Lisa (who works at OSP)

This is my best friend Katie, who got married and now I don't see her very much. I love it when I do see her! She's got one of the cutest babies in the world!!
This is our trooper/social Rhonda. Even though she just barely got home from the pioneer trek she still had to come to Kaela's reception!

ANAMIN!!! You simply cannot say Anamin's name without using exclamation points! Yes, Anamin works at OSP.

Ah, ha! These are my Hale cousins. Michelle's hair was so so so so cute! I loved it!

This has probably got to be one of my most favorite pictures. This is Brother Beach sitting on a bench. He just sat there while everyone else in his family danced. I loved it! He looked so relaxed and comfortable. He was probably super happy that he didn't have to stand in the line anymore, I would have been!

Everything went so well. I was kind of worried on Friday when we were setting up! I'm so happy for Kaela and Derek, they are amazing people who have overcome great obstacles! HOORAY they're married one less stress in my life!!!

5 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Oh my darling Linda! You are so amazing! I know you put a TON of work into this wedding, including most of your text messages for the month! I'm so lucky to have an older sister like you to look up to. Thanks for loving me!
I LOVE YOU!!
~Rhonda~

Guthrie's said...

Yea the wedding is over. Does that mean we get Linda back? Also, does it mean I have to replace all the zippers on the bridesmaid skirts if they break?

Lisa said...

Haha I LOVE Kaela's face in that wedding party picture with all the bridesmaids/groomsmen. It's great! Love ya!

Kailei said...

Looks like the wedding was wonderful!!! Aren't they just so much fun? And WORK? Linda, it looks like you did a lot! You are amazing!!!!! I love the dress and jewelry. You are beautiful. You always are!!! (You too Rhonda!) Love you both much!!!

Kailei

Lisa said...

OKAY so I have a completely random story for you two:

Stephen and I and some of his (and now my) friends have been hanging out every Saturday night this summer. We go to Red Robin at 10:30. Different people show up sometimes. Once this girl showed up who knew one of the guys who goes, and she usually comes now. She's also started coming to the YSA FHEs we have for Stephen's ward (somehow it's turned into a thing where random people show up from other wards and stakes). Lately we've been having these at Grandma Guthrie's. We don't really know each other that well but we always say hi. So tonight I was sitting by her at FHE and she asked me where I worked. I told her OSP. Then she was like "OH! so you know the Guthrie's?" and I was like, "Yeah, they're actually Stephen's cousins." Then she said, "You're kidding me! Alan Guthrie is my brother-in-law!!!" Yes it is Marie's sister Lisa. Haha I had no idea, and it was just so ironic that we randomly started hanging out and she randomly started turning up at her bro-in-law's grandma's house. Very small world!

Sorry for this freakishly long comment. Especially since I will probably rehash this with you at work. Haha. Later!