Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BWAAAAHHH!!!!

Reason 9: Applying to the ITC program!
Let me tell you that applying to a program at ASU can be very exhausting! The most exhausting part is waiting for 6+ weeks to find out if you're actually accepted! Opening my ASU email account every day made my heart stop. Maybe today was the day my "acceptance letter" would appear.
So, today I had Rhonda cross everything, her fingers, arms, eyes, legs, tounge, EVERYTHING as I was opening my email, and here's what I found:
"Hello Early Childhood Education ITC Applicant,

Congratulations on your progression into the Early Childhood Education ITC Program for spring 2009 in the Mary Lou Fulton College of Education! On behalf of the faculty and staff, it is a pleasure to welcome you into this outstanding program."
Thank you to Jack Barz, my wonderful manager, and Kelly Moore (who as of today is a Hurt) for writing wonderful letters of recommendation!
I am SO SO SO excited, now I'm on the real road to being a teacher!! Maybe I'll be able to sleep at night!

5 comments:

Guthrie's said...

Ya right! I know you still have those online classes to finish. Aren't the assignments always due at midnight? Nice thought though. Congratulations! More sleepless nights!

Becky said...

Wow! Congrats! HOw fun and exciting! I always wanted to be a teacher..but when my kids are old enough i can just "play school" with them! :)

Lisa said...

Yay Linda! Good job! That is really exciting :] I didn't know the wait was so long...good to know though since my major is elementary ed and I'll be transferring to ASU too. Haha. See ya later!

Lisa said...

Oh yeah, I also thoroughly enjoyed the mental image I got of Rhonda crossing every part of her body possible. Thank you for that to both of you. :D

Rachel said...

Good Job Linda! Sorry that I wasn't paying attention the first time you told me, I was a little distracted. ASU? Scary. If anyone can do it though it's you.