Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Sleepiness is Overwhelming!

Reason 4:
Linda says that being called to speak in church, but not getting your topic until Thursday night, then having a bridal shower you are putting on all day Saturday and staying up till 3 to write your talk, then going to church for like 9 hours makes you tired, and gives you a headache. Just so everyone knows, I didn't write that sentence. Linda is the runon sentence user, not me. I am innocent! But she does speak the truth! She forgot to mention how she took me to 2 stores to look for black pants for work. Mine are totally trashed! They are seriously 5 inches too short for me! When I sit down, the go halfway up my leg. Pretty gross if you ask me. Anyway, I got some new pants and I love them. Hey, Linda got new pants too. Actually, they are jeans (of which I am jealous!). She wants everyone to know that they are a whole size smaller than the pants she usually buys. In a round about way, this means that she lost weight! WAHOOO!! GO LINDA! I'm pretty sure she will be skinnier than me at any moment and then I will feel terrible about myself. But, you know, that's life.
So today I ditched sunday school and young women to help my mother in primary. The girl who usually plays the piano was stuck in L.A. and couldn't get home in time for church. So I came to the rescue and played all the needed songs. Good thing I have been practicing the primary songs forever! I'm pretty sure I messed up a bajillion times, but the primary kids loved it. They are so cute! I was watching them as a played and they have the funniest expressions. Then my mom told them to emphasize the last letter of each word like the t's, d's, n's, m's, and stuff like that. The kids started singing and said things like "above-T", "T-emple",and "father-D". It was so funny! They are so smart!
Today is Marcie's 9th birthday. She is my sweet little friend. I love her so much! She is always willing to play games with me and she lets me practice my ward choir songs on the piano even though she doesn't like them. She always opens the door for me when I come home from school, even though I have a key and I should do it myself. She encourages me to be the best I can be and sometimes reminds me that I need to be modest. I'm so thankful for her good example and fun attitude! I love my little Marcie!
Well, goodbye everyone. I hope you aren't too tired from our sleepy blog post.
~Rhonda~

1 comment:

Guthrie's said...

I just want to tell-d you that your work pants are CAYUTE!!!!

♥-
Anna