Friday, May 27, 2011

Shout out to my left hand

Recently I have been thinking about some pretty weird stuff. Summer does that to me. Some of these things include skin cancer, orphanages, chocolate milk, grass, brown hair, babies, primary music, sociology, water consumption, 1 year wedding anniversaries (YAY Lauri&Ben and Anamin&Shane!!!), Utah, Scottie coming home, etc. I was also thinking about my left hand and how left out it probably feels (no pun intended). No one really appreciates all the things their left hand does for them. I decided to take note of all the things my left hand can do. For those of you who write with your left hand...I envy your talent.
  • wash my right hand
  • put the toothpaste on my toothbrush
  • type numbers into autofry (at work)
  • put hair behind my ear
  • drink out of a cup or waterbottle
  • successful high 5's
  • carry groceries (3 gallons of milk)
  • clip fingernails on right hand
  • type things into register at work
  • put mascara on my left eye
  • deodorant on right pit
  • type/text
  • play the piano
  • put on earrings
  • tie shoes (IF I need to, which I usually don't)
  • lean against a counter, or table, or wall
  • stabilizer
  • scrub the shower (mostly only the far corners)
  • unlock my front door (from the inside)
  • fold laundry
  • wash dishes
  • rock babies to sleep
  • throw chapstick across the room to Linda while laying in my bed
  • turn on my blinker or headlights
  • get skins and grids (at work)
  • hold my hymn book
  • wipe down top, bottom, or sandwich (at work)
  • shift key on computer (Never in my life have I used the right shift key)
  • wave
  • snap
  • almost win a racquetball game
  • attempt a cartwheel
  • blow my nose
  • unbutton my shirt
  • throw blue m&m's 
If you have anything to add, feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear any of your brilliant ideas!
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

mama bear said...

I'm finding that (for right-handers like me) it might be a good idea to try and use left hands more so that when and if something happens to the right one, we won't be so disadvantaged. Try using your left hand for things your right one normally does...makes me appreciate two good hands!

Jenn Jones said...

Wow, that's a pretty solid list!! I can't even think of anything else to add! lol! Thanks for this post... I think I've grown a deeper appreciation for my left hand now. ;)

Lisa said...

Sorry it took so long to comment, I've been pretty behind on blogs lately haha. But I have quite an important thing MY left hand does.....write! hahaha. I love this!

Alan said...

I never check blogs and this was here last time. Got any new material?