Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My dear old man...

Birthdays come once a year.
I am definitely a fan!

Today is the day we celebrate the birth of one of my best friends,
Andrew Jess Huber!!!

SURPRISE!!!!!!

Once upon a time...
...Lee Huber (my grandpa) had a cousin named Dennis (Andy's dad). They had no idea about the friendship that would one day occur between two members of their posterity. 

Andy and I have been in the same ward for as long as I can remember. Although we had many opportunities, we were never friends during our primary years. I remember the exact moment and place that I first became friends with this boy.
It was at the back to school water activity for mutual that we first became friends.
An epic game of missionary tag was about to begin and Andy ran up and linked arms with me (brave soul). It was the week before we started our sophomore year at Mesa High. 
Suddenly Andy Huber became my new favorite person.
Our friendship has had its ups and downs (like every friendship does), but we've stuck through it all and are best buds now!

Things I LOVE about Andy
1. He stuck with me at all the youth conferences and even the trek! (see picture above)
2. He has a great sense of humor :)
3. He took me to PROM my junior  year! I had such a fun time!!
4. He has an angel mother
5. He lets me disagree with him without getting mad at me
6. He reminds me to keep up on the goals I've made
7. He is a worthy Priesthood holder and an active member of our ward
8. He contributed to the perfection of my 19th birthday! AND he introduced me to the world of restaurant made breakfast food.
 9. He always tries to keep me culturally rounded in my music selections. (Miss Sweeney?)
10. He is so adamant about sports. According to Andy, sports=life!!
 11. I love that Andy wasn't weirded out by the rumor circulating around our ward (even to the bishop) that we were dating. I'm also glad that he wasn't offended when I told him loudly in the hall that we had to "break up".
12. I'm grateful that Andy has been my friend through the thick and thin of my high school years and now into college. 
13. He is a fabulous YSA rep for our ward and is always encouraging me to participate in the activities.
14. I love that some people have mistaken us for twins.
15. I love his blue tie :)
16. I appreciate that he is always honest with me.
17. I love that he is dedicated to the things he begins.
18. He has a fabulous adam's apple.
19. He thinks for himself and doesn't care what others think about him.
20.I'm glad that it was his birthday today so that I could celebrate too!!
I love you Andy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
~Rhonda~

4 comments:

Guthrie's said...

Next year we will add that Andy is an all round "interesting" person. That's point # 21. Happy Birthday Andy! Hope your 21st year brings all the righteous desires of your heart.
Kindest Regards,
Sister Guthrie

Jolly 'Ol Mr. Huber said...

Although a simple thank you is not enough, it's all I can currently muster.

mama bear said...

This was a sweet post for a mother to read about her son and one of her special friends. Thanks for hanging in there with him with all your good influences--you're a wonderful 2nd cousin once removed.

Jenny said...

Haha--I would love to have overheard the second part of #11. :)