Well, I promised a good Spring Break post, but since that was so long ago I'll just recap and tell you what we've been up to.
We went to the Phoenix Zoo on the first day of Spring Break. Everyone that wanted to got to pet the Sting Rays. Brad said it was pretty cool, I'll take his word for it!
We somehow managed to follow around the zookeepers and found many of the animals eating. We decided that the tortoise and the hare must have made up because the tortoise was so kindly sharing his food. OR maybe he just wasn't fast enough on this day to get his food back.
Here is one of our band pictures from the Zoo Edition.
During Spring Break I also got to take care of Jack and Lucy because Erik was at Mountain Man with the scouts and Stacy had weddings galore!
Marcie saw this hidden park from the bus and decided that we needed to have lunch there during our break. It appears that Brad and Rhonda enjoyed themselves.
Moving on to some other day. It was Sis. Coombs' birthday and she came over for dinner. Sis. Coombs is one of the secretaries at the Institute, and one of Rhonda's best friends. She's also related to us somehow. My dad's, uncle's, son's, wife maybe? We had lots of fun having her at our house and getting to know her.
We also had the Annual Huber Family Fair: An A Fair to Remember. It was loads of fun! We had fair games. The bubble gum blowing contest was definitely a major hit.
Maybe that's because Grandpa was in charge of it, and wouldn't let you escape until your jaw hurt from chewing so much gum!
We had lots of horse races too!
We also have a talent show at the fair. Brad and Rhonda played a lovely duet, but for some reason I can't get it to load. BOO!
We had a fantastic Easter! All of the people that live at our house were home for dinner, that's a BIG deal at our house! Then, we all took good naps after dinner! For dessert we had a Rice Krispy Cake. We're practicing for when I get married someday. Yes, I'm going to have a triple decker Rice Krispy Cake, I'm even considering having two bunny peeps as my cake topper.
The annual Guthrie Easter Egg Roll at the park was a little delayed because we had to wait for Brad to finish school so he'd be home for Family Home Evening.
As you can see it was quite a success and a lot of fun.
To end, Stacy was so kind as to take us to Coons Bluff a couple weeks ago and take pictures for our bedroom wall. It was tons of fun, and we got a lot of good pictures. Here's a few:
So that's what we've been up to. We're excited for summer!!! Rhonda's slowly writing a new post so watch for that one in the near future!



1 comment:
I like those picture Stacey took.Real cute! and i like the colors. :)
Post a Comment