Rhonda, Anna, and our mom went to girls camp this week. Our mom was quite worried that we wouldn't survive without her. Here's what we've been up to:
We have been busy! Marcie helped me to cook lasagna in the solar oven for our small group of four. That was an interesting experience. I've never not made that much food. I was so worried that we wouldn't all get to eat, but it was the perfect amount.
We have been busy! Marcie helped me to cook lasagna in the solar oven for our small group of four. That was an interesting experience. I've never not made that much food. I was so worried that we wouldn't all get to eat, but it was the perfect amount.
Marcie really wanted her toenails painted. So, we painted toenails while we watched movies. We've been watching lots of movies at night, and enjoyed each others company.
We also made a special trip to Fry's, it was the ice run. I let Marcie pick out any ice cream she wanted. She chose Dryer's Rocky Road. Dryer's makes the best Rocky Road with whole marshmallows instead of marshmallow smears! We also bought a bag of store ice because we're slightly addicted to ice, and because store ice is just better than grandma ice from the machine.
Other exciting things that have taken place while everyone's been away (or not exciting things):
- I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned while Marcie dusted Grandma and Grandpa Huber's house.
- I went to Barnes and Noble and bought the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack (best purchase I've made in awhile!).
- We visited Grandma Guthrie on Wednesday for grandma day and she told us all about growing up in Colorado, and about her siblings.
- We got all the flowers watered so they wouldn't die while our mom was gone (she was very worried about them).
- Brad started summer school so we haven't seen him as much. He was rather worried because his teacher hadn't posted the books they needed before the beginning of class. He was pleasantly surprised when the teacher came to class with a lab manual for everyone, lecture notes for everyone, and the password to the online textbook. He told me, "Linda, I only paid $300 for the class. At ASU all the books alone would have been $300." And he wonders why I love MCC so much?
- We're babysitting Jack and Lucy tonight because their mother is at camp and their father has to work.
2 comments:
I LOVE that soundtrack! Just thought I'd let you know... :)
We had a pretty fun time!
-Marcie-wo
Post a Comment