First, I finished fake student teaching. While it was stressful, I loved it! I loved all my little kids! It was so hard to say goodbye! I went and bought my favorite Loft House sugar cookies for my goodbye treat. Preschoolers don't understand the phrase "I'm not coming back." We had talked about it being my last day all day long and then I gave them cookies at snack time. One little boy came up to me and said, "Miss Guthrie these are the best cookies ever you should bring them to us again." Yeah, they didn't get it. Today is my first day of freedom and I miss them all like crazy. I wish I could post a picture of my cute kids, but that's not allowed. I'm thankful for all that I learned from Mrs. Leopold, she is an amazing teacher! She really loves what she does, and she was a great help to me.
Second, I was released as the 2nd counselor in our Relief Society Presidency. Can I tell you that I couldn't wait! I was so excited to be released, I was excited to move on. That was until they actually released me. The second they released me I almost burst into tears. When you are set apart in a calling like that you are given strength and power. I could literally feel the difference the second I was released, and I didn't like it! I was on the verge of tears all day, they had us bear our testimonies, and that was a disaster! I think I'm the only one that cried, thanks a lot genes!! Anyway, I'm way excited for our new presidency, and I'm excited for my new, easy calling, I'm one of the ward choristers. Our other chorister works for Anasazi and is gone two or three times a month so I'll be leading lots of music.
Third, my good friend Jenny's husband died. We all knew that it was coming soon because he had been sick for a long time. I actually never met her husband, but I love Jenny to death. It is hard to see a friend be in pain and try to keep on a strong face and keep going for the sake of her family. I need to talk to her, I need to tell her death isn't the end, but I don't know how.
Other than those lovely changes, life is great! The semester's almost over, I only have two major assignments to complete, and I only have one final that I really have to stress about. I'm so grateful that I am here on this earth at this time, and that I can have so many learning experiences.
4 comments:
You got released!! WHAT! Who's the newbies? I miss you Linda. a lot.
Oh Linda that is alot! For one, it comes with being a Guthrie that you would cry while bearing your testimony but that is what I LOVE about you guys, that your testimony moves you to great emotion. Two, you're almost done with school in general, how exciting. and three that is sad about Jenny's husband, give it some time and pray and I know Heavenly Father will give you the words to comfort her and help her understand that this does not have to be the end. On a side note, I think I am going to ask if I can come back to work next week. Thanks for sharing the events of your life! Miss you!
Don't worry--if I actually had been called up there, I would have cried, too. :)
Linda I am so grateful for you. What an amazing person you are!!!! You care about so many people so deeply. Can I be like you when I grow up! Wait, maybe I am all ready like you, I cried when I read your post.
Post a Comment