Preschoolers are seriously some of the best member missionaries I have met. They are not afraid to say anything. Here are a few of my favorite examples from some of my favorite preschoolers:
At the breakfast table:
Student: I can't wait until I'm eight!
Me: Why?
Student: Because then I get baptized!
While sitting in the middle of circle:
Girl: My family is going camping tomorrow.
Boy: Fathers and Sons?!?!?!
Girl: No!
While eating snack and talking to the teacher:
Boy: Do you know that Jesus has a body. Some people don't think he has a body, but he does.
Teacher: Well, everybody believes different things.
Randomly throughout the day:
Boy: My mom said I'm not old enough to have a girlfriend. I have to wait.
Randomly in the middle of class:
Boy: Do you know that I'm going on a mission when I get bigger?
At circle time:
Teacher: Who knows what day it is today?
Class: Monday!
Teacher: And what do we do on Monday? (we change jobs)
Girl: Family Home Evening!
And, my success story for the week. There's one little boy who will not sing in class (and we sing a lot!). So, my goal this week was to get him to sing. While we're waiting for everyone to come out of the bathroom we sing songs. For some reason one day this week my teacher wasn't with us so I was in charge of the singing. I decided to teach them "Do as I'm doing" and the boy who never sings says, "Hey, I know this song, we sing it at church!" and he sang it with me. Success!!
7 comments:
Yay!! You are an amazing teacher! Boo yow world. Linda can do anything!
~Rhonda~
You are amazing Linda!!!
I sure to wish that I was as open as your preschoolers! I think they are a great example of talking about the Gospel in every day conversation!
Cute stories!
I'm following Rhonda's instructions....but this is a great post to comment on. What cute stories--out of the mouths of babes! Too bad more of us aren't more like them!!
I love hearing your school stories everyday. That's why I insist you keep going to school and graduate, so you can keep telling them to me for the rest of my life! Go Linda!
Linda that is so cool. I love kiddies. That reminds me of a boy I worked with at the preschool who's parents had just adopted a little girl and they all went to the temple to get sealed and when I asked him about it he said "We got to go to the temple to be a family forever! And I got to wear white socks!"
I remember that I told my kindergarten teacher(Miss Jordan) I could remember her name because Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan. I just wish I could remember her reaction.
Post a Comment