I've most definitely decided that Rhonda has dropped off the blogging planet! A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. First off, I started school. School is HARD!! I don't think I like it very much. My classes are only supposed to have 25 students in them, but 2 of the 3 have 50 (because of budget cuts). It is going to take a lot of work to get good grades!
Last week I met with the principal at Porter Elementary to be placed in a classroom for my internship. The principal was an interesting fellow (I had to hear all about his trip to the inauguration) and has an office full of interesting animals (iguanas, fish, and such). He tells me the special circumstances regarding the Kindergarten classrooms this semester. He told me that if the sub decides to stay he wants me to be in a classroom that's on their 5th teacher this year. How terrible is that? I also set up a time to start coming to the school to intern in the classroom this week.
I went to Porter on Wednesday to start interning and to find out if the principal was really trying to kill me or not. He is, I'm in the classroom that's on their 5th teacher. These kids are out of control, and they need some special love and attention. I talked to the teacher about the class and she said that the class was created during the school year and they took all of the new kids that had moved in and threw them into one class. I don't know where the principal's brain was, but that would be the last thing I would do, that's his first problem right there!
On Friday, I went back to intern. The teacher told me that they would find out if the real teacher was coming back at the end of the day. If the real teacher comes back the principal is pulling me out of the class. We were going over the layout of the day, before the kids came in, and the teacher gives me a list of kids to pull and read with. As she's looking at the list she says, "Oh, this little girl shouldn't be here today. She went home with lice yesterday." I almost freak out! I was in the classroom the day before with these kids. I'm sure the little girl had lice then! Lice has always terrified me because I have so much hair, and my mom always told me that if I got lice she would shave my head because that would be the only way to get rid of it. I'm kind of in love with my hair! Anyway, I don't think I have lice (one of my friends said I'd know that I had it by now) and I don't even know who the little girl is which means I didn't have any interaction with her at all on Wednesday.
ASU is being a little ridiculous! They cannot make up their mind. Now they tell me that I didn't register for one of the classes I was supposed to, but they were the ones that told me to sign up for a different class instead. The lady who's in charge of our intern placements just emailed me and told me that she doesn't want me interning with a sub. Apparently I can't do anything right, or maybe ASU is just stupid. We'll say ASU is stupid because it is not me! I personally think it that class will be a really good experience for me. The sub used to teach at Porter, she is a member of the church (I think she's in the Pueblo Stake), and she's really nice. If she stays I will learn some good behavior management techniques. It's just like starting off a whole new year from day one which is an experience that interns never get to have.
Oh yeah in news of Rhonda:
RHONDA MADE REGIONALS!!!!!
She's excited! Can't you tell? (Or maybe she's just asleep so I can't take a picture of her)
3 comments:
Thanks a million times over for using my brush!
~Rhonda~
Hey, you're working at Porter...my little sister and brother go there (and I went there once upon a time...). Sorry to hear about your issues with it, I hope they work out! :)
-Br@ndon (Rhonda's friend) :D
Lindaaaaa you are quite a busy person!!!! Ahhh the whole elementary school thing haha...sooo don't want to do it! But good job doing so well.
Post a Comment