Sunday, January 18, 2009

Time for a new post!

I have this weakness, it is called books! Ask Rhonda about it anytime, she could go on forever about my book addiction! So, on Monday I told myself if I didn't have any cavities when I went to the dentist I could go and buy a movie that I have been wanting (The Ultimate Gift, if you've never seen it I highly suggest it, but warning it will make you cry your eyes out!!) I have seen it at Barnes and Noble before, and Barnes and Noble is right next to the dentist office. So, after my teeth cleaning, and no cavities, I head over to Barnes and Noble. Well, I walk in the door and they have all their Christmas books for clearance price. I didn't like any of those so, I continued to look at the other book selections. About 2 hours later I left the store with all of these books, except one.

Here's how it happened:
These were the discount books I found. I mean who can pass up a huge book of Nursery Rhymes for 8 bucks?

This is where I really got in trouble! They had all of their "Mr. Men" books 3 for $10, which is really like buy two get one free. I love these books, especially Mr. Tickle with his extraordinarily long arms! So, I had to buy them all!

Then, one of the store ladies came by and asked if I was finding everything all right. I asked her if they had any of the "Little Miss" books that are like the "Mr. Men" books. She went over to the bookshelf and pulled them all out! Man, I should have gone straight to the movies and not even looked at the books!

When I got home I showed my mom all my books (I had bought her most of the "Mr. Men" books) and she decided that she wanted the rest of them too. So, I went back down there to get them for her. BAD IDEA!!!!

I found this little pretty:

If you know me well you know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything Mary Engelbreit! I already have her Nursery Rhymes book like this, I couldn't pass up the Nursery Tales!

I also found this book:

This happens to be one of mine and Brad's all time favorite books! I think we loved my mom's copy to death. This book was written by Dr. Seuss before he was Dr. Seuss. I was sad that they changed this cover to say "By Dr. Seuss".

Moral of the story, don't ever let me go to Barnes and Noble for any reason!!! I spend way too much money books!!! This is currently what my bookshelf in the closet looks like and there's no more room for any more books. I am sad!!!



On a different note. We took two of our Brazilian friends to Red Robin the other night. Meet Andrews and Patrick. Patrick looks really bad in this picture and should have a serious face on! I wish that I had a picture of the rest of our Brazilians! I love our girls! They are so funny, and make me laugh!

(Warning: I'm blowing off steam here, if you don't want to be bored, stop now)
Switching gears one more time. I HATE ASU!!! They make my life so difficult! I mean it shouldn't be this hard to get and education! You would think that they would try to help education majors as much as they could because they really need teachers, but do they? NO!! They try and make life as difficult as possible to see if you will finally throw up your hands and yell, I QUIT!!! First of all they tell us that because of budget cuts our schedules are going to be crazy and we will be taking mostly second semester classes instead of first semester classes. To top that off they tell you, "Sorry that's only 11 credit hours so if you need another credit for any reason you'll have to find it yourself." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! You can't find one measly little credit so we can be full time students? Then on top of that they make the schedule so screwy that you have a hard time finding time to work so you can continue to go to school. GRRR! I'm so frustrated! That's not all, I register for a Wed. night Institute class so I can have a parking permit. I sign up for the 7pm class because it is the only class offered once a week, and I don't have any classes on Monday so going to Institute would be a waste of my time. I even tell myself that it's okay that I have to wait for 3 1/2 hours between my class and Institute just so I can park for free. So, I go down to get my parking permit like a good little student, before the beginning of the semester, and the lady tells me that since my class is at 7 the gate is already up and I don't need a permit. I explain my situation about my one stinkin' class that I need to have a place to park for, and how I'm staying on campus until after the class, so is there a way I can get a permit? She tells me that all the students have different needs and that since my class is at 7 I don't get a permit, but can she take my picture so the teacher will have it on his attendance roll. I wanted to tell her no, but I'm nice so I let her take my picture. Is it bad to be mad at the Institute? I have no place to park. I don't know where to park, and classes start this week. FRUSTRATION!!!

3 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

I hate your books! Good times! and annoyance!
The end of comment.

~Rhonda~

Lisa said...

Ahh the books look so cool! Great deals! I have never heard of the Mr. Man or Little Miss books but they look so awesome! haha. You are a funny girl Linda :]

Guthrie's said...

Yes! You finally did a new BLOG!!!!!!!!!
luv,
Marcie!