Warning: this post has way too many pictures on it and words! I hope you're happy Marcie!
We love Christmas!
This is the only picture that I took on Christmas day, the wind was blowing perfectly (or freezingly!)
December 27, 2008
I love this picture of Anamin!
These are some weird OSP people, but we love them anyway!
December 28, 2008-Jorge gets baptized
Welcome to the Semiannual Arm Wrestling Tournament!
We have a picture very similar to this one from the summer except for they traded places and are wearing different clothes.
Who won you ask? I have no clue, I think they both quit because they couldn't go anywhere. Rhonda will correct me if I'm wrong!
December 29, 2008
December 31, 2008-January 1, 2009
We brought in the new year at Organ Stop and in Erik's garage! Erik borrowed his in-laws Wii and plasma screen TV and set it up in his garage. When people were done working they could come over and help us celebrate. Anna and Marcie got the party started while I painted Stacy's toenails (I should have taken a picture of that!) Then, Anna had to go to the New Year's Eve youth activity and Marcie went home to help my mom watch Jill. If you ever want to see something funny just watch my mom play the cow racing wii game!
This is a momentous occasion for the Guthrie family living at home! After the great arm wrestling tournament we all went to the movies together. We went and saw "Bedtime Stories" and quite frankly, I didn't like it! Wall-E is way better in my opinion! Then, we all went to see where my dad's FBI headquarters are (cover name APS, he needed to get his paycheck)! That was exciting! I think the most exciting thing there was the paper shredder truck in the parking lot(it was pretty cool)! One of our 2008 goals was to go out to dinner with our small family so we decided to complete this goal. Some people thought that it would be good to go to a place where not everyone had been before. Bad idea, I HATE Chinese food and vetoed quite loudly! Some other people thought we should go to Gecko Grill since not very many people had been there. Marcie was having none of that she didn't want to go to a place where they grilled geckos! Someone else wanted to go to Organ Stop (that someone happens to contribute to this blog!) I protested quite loudly on that point too! It was my one day off and I was not going to go and eat that food that I eat every other day of the week on my day off! We ended up having a feud and the magic hat came out. All of the restaurants were placed in a hat and the last restaurant picked was the one we were going to go. It ended up being Chipolte (or however you spell that word). Only my mom wanted to go there and everyone finally agreed on LJ's (which is where I wanted to go in the first place!) So much for a new dining experience!
December 31, 2008-January 1, 2009
We played this game, I can't remember what it's called, oh yeah, guitar hero.
Stehen, Stacy, and Celesta showin' off their skills
Stephen, Celesta, and Jorge get into it!
Celesta, Jorge, and Erik the cheering squad!
We had a grand time, thank you Erik and Stacy for letting us join you and causing you to lose sleep! We had so much fun!
Other than this our holiday was filled with working and getting sick. I worked, Rhonda got sick and worked! I am so glad that the Tostido Bowl is over and I don't have to deal with High School Marching bands every day! Now, on to the snowbirds!
7 comments:
Just so everyone knows, I was not the one who suggested going to Organ Stop! That was not my idea. But after the suggestion was made, I thought it would be pretty fun. I mean, I've never had the total Organ Stop experience, where you sit and listen to the organ as a customer. I thought it would be fun. But whatever, LJ's was delicious as usual, and me and my mom had a fun time teasing Linda with a red bow. Ha ha ha!! Good times! Oh, Linda. THAT is an inside joke!!
Rhonda!!! You have so much fun!!! All these things look like they were a blast! And I am SOOOO glad that your friend got baptised! That is amazing!!!
We did have a awesome good time didn't we! Can't wait until next year when we do it again! YAY!
PS I love the "Harry Potter" picture of me...priceless!!
This blog post made me smile...as usual! I'm glad you guys had lots of fun during the break! :)
I love this blog and the last one!! Haha one of my favorite pictures is the model-ish pic of Frhonda with the wind blowing in her hair. Oo la la!
And Linda thank you for your advice (in person and via blog) about all of my issues! haha. Sorry I'm a slacker at this whole blog thing.
I love you girls lots!!
linda do you have to let the world know i'm short?!? Finally linda i've been waiting for weeks for you to blog and how is it that you got fronda's picture right side up and she couldn't.You know how we were talking about how i only wanted 4kids i'm thinking of addding a few more cause you have a big family and you always have FUN!
Ok sorry this has nothing to do with this post, just writing back to Linda from what she said on my blog! Linda you will have to tell me everytime I get a flat tire that I need to learn how until I come to a point in my life where there is no male around and I realize I can do it on my own because I've watched soooo many times! But I'm not going to lie that I didn't think of you and Beth as I watched this poor man kneel down on the icy, snowy, asphalt to help me...
Post a Comment