Friday, March 11, 2011

ANSWERS!!!

Thank you to those who asked questions! If you didn't ask a question and want to, go ahead and ask, I'll answer it.

  • To Rhonda who wants to know why my food can't touch: It's just gross okay! I mean who wants gravy to get on their salad anyway? I don't care if it gets all mushed up in my stomach, I'm not tasting it then. Besides, I personally believe everyone wants their food to be separated, they're just too afraid to do it!
  • Andy: AEPA is the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment, basically it's the state test I have to pass to be a teacher. Work is Organ Stop Pizza, I put in at least 40 hours there every week. Indexing is part of Family History. I type census records, they go into the church Family Search program and then other people can find their ancestors.
  • And Sis. Huber: Yep, it's Family Search Indexing. I don't really know how I got interested. I thought it sounded kind of fun since I really like to fill out forms (weird, I know). I think I saw an article in the Ensign about it once and decided to try it out. When I went to MCC I indexed all the time in between classes. Then, I went to ASU and had no time. When I graduated I decided to pick it up again, and I love it (Marcie does too)! Our stake is actually one of the top stakes in the world for indexing totals. Last month we indexed over 43,000 names. I love to do Census records. It's really interesting to look at all the extra information when I'm finished like what they did for a living and if they owned a radio.
  • Last, but not least, Kailei: My favorite part about being a teacher is helping kids who are struggling. I love to find ways to help them individually understand something. It's actually one of he hardest parts to teaching because you really have to know the student, what makes them tick, and how they learn best. It's a challenge, but I love it! PS- I'm super excited that you're going on a mission, I wish I was going on one too!

Thanks for playing guys! And now I will tell you the question I asked myself recently, and my answer:

  • What am I giving up for Lent? Weird, I know, but I have a lot of friends/coworkers who are Catholic and don't seem to think Lent is really a big deal. So me, being the very tolerant friend that I am, and because I believe that you should live your religion no matter what it is, I have decided that if I make a goal to stop doing something and encourage them to do the same. So it's not really for Lent, it's really a goal to better myself. That goal is to stop talking about other people, especially people that I work with! I am terrible about this, especially when I'm with other coworkers (it doesn't help that more than half the people in my house are my coworkers). I'm really determined to do this because I know that as I do, I will become a better person, and the way I think about and see people will automatically be more positive.

4 comments:

Alan said...

In certain parts of the world they kick Lent off with a big party known as Mardi Gras or Carnival. It is the last time to sin for a while. Then they give up their sins for a month to get ready for Easter.

If you went on a mission you would not work at Organ Stop anymore. Might be worth looking into seriously.

Guthrie's said...

How cool was that to get inside Linda's head a little bit! You are an amazing girl Linda Guthrie.

Kailei said...

Yay! Thank you for the answers. You are so awesome! I love that you are such an awesome example to me!

Cluff Family said...

O.k., we've been out of town, so I had to back track to see why we were allowed to ask questions. Here is my question...What is so awful about working at Organ Stop? It seems like such a happy place. Just wondering.