Monday, January 24, 2011

Life as of Late-the Linda Version

 So, last time I graced  you with my presence I was finishing school. Well since that time I graduated. Since I am an adult and I think graduations are lame I didn't go. Do I regret it, no! I had visiting teachers, dinner with my family, read Ella Enchanted, and went to bed at 9:00 while everyone else was sitting listen to someone they don't even know or care about talk forever.

Since I didn't go to graduation my mother decided that I had to walk at fast Sunday family dinner.

Here I am getting into the atrocious, I mean lovely robe. Then, I got to open my diploma, but you don't get a picture of that because they are all really bad!
For my graduation present my grandpa and grandma Huber gave me a can of Cherry Pie filling. Random fact about me: I love Cherry Pie filling! Just grab a spoon and dig right in. 

I know my Grandma and Grandpa love me because my grandma made a cherry pie just for me at Thanksgiving, and they gave me a can for my birthday a month earlier and I had just finished it. Whew, right in time.

A couple weeks ago I took two of our Brasilian Exchange Students to the Visitors Center. They got the grand tour from one of the sisters and even a Book of Mormon in Portuguese.
 

 If you're looking for a really good book, and you like books like The Giver I would highly recommend this book.
My sister-in-law let me borrow it on Saturday night and I read until 1am (don't tell my dad). I finished reading it this morning. It was super good! I couldn't put it down! Thanks Stacy! I can't wait for the next one!

That's about it from me. I'm working so much! I had over 5 hours of overtime on my last paycheck! That's a good thing, it means I'm that much closer to buying a car. I'm also getting ready to start some projects that I'm really looking forward to. My dad got this thing that will record records onto a computer so you can put them onto CD. I get to put all of his Argentina records onto CD. It's so fun to see the sparkle in his eye when he listens to them. I'm also, hopefully, going to start working on a project about my Grandma Guthrie.

Welp, that's all for now!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am soooo glad that you liked the book! I know that I for one thought it was excellent and I love to have someone to share/talk with it about!

Cluff Family said...

Allie is planning on graduating soon from MCC before moving on to another school and she isn't going to walk either. She says it is just another way for the school to make money from you. You two must be "kindred spirits". Points if you know in 5 seconds or less which movie that phrase comes from. Congratulations on graduating. Your upcoming projects sound interesting. Be sure and post pictures of your car when you finally reach that goal.

Jenny said...

I didn't know that about you and cherry pie filling. Sounds delicious! I've heard lots of good things about that book and now really have to read it. :)