This week me and my mom went to the lake. We had a fun time meeting new people and spending time in the water. We took some great pictures that are definitely worth sharing!
The pebbles on the shore were round and soft, perfect for walking on.
The sky was beautiful and the weather was perfect for our trip.

We did encounter a bit of a problem.
The lake flooded!
Look at that downpour!!
The pebbles on the shore were round and soft, perfect for walking on.
The lake flooded!
I took it upon myself to clear the drains and save the neighborhood thousands of dollars due to flood damage. I pulled all the junk out of the drains and felt good about myself. Good deed for the day....check!
1. We didn't really go to the lake. Duh.
2. I really did more good deeds that day. HUGE ones actually. Right mom? Saving lives, etc.
Things I forgot to add:
1. I didn't wear shoes the whole time!
2. For some reason, I LOVE the picture of the water going down the drains. Maybe it's cuz it's like a waterfall or something. I dunno, I felt artistic.
3. As I was pulling the junk from the drain the first time, this guy in a huge truck stopped in front of me and said, "What are you looking for down there? Your house?!" Then he just cracked up and drove away. Wow sir, hardy har.
There you go guys! Sorry for the uber long post. Cry a little bit, and you'll be ok.
Happy Thursday!!
~Rhonda~
Next post: The Dedicated Mailman
8 comments:
Rhonda! That was the best day ever! (The rainy part anyway!) Hey you didn't show the picture of all the hail piled up against the house. And, you didn't tell about the man who stopped to tell you that his WHOLE tree had disappeared from his back yard. I can't wait to read about our dedicated mailman in the next post.
Rhonda, You Rock! You Rock! You Rock!
Love you,
Mom
I love you and your blog! So funny! :)
OK--I'm convinced! I need to watch that movie...!!
What a storm! Your neighborhood looked a lot like ours did! I also cleaned out the storm drain in front of our house so the water could drain better, with some of my kids looking on, telling me how gross I was. Isn't it great how people often do come from out of nowhere to help--and sometimes make us smile in the process?
I love your blog--keep the posts coming!
Hey, I finally watched that movie! And finished Robin Hood. Now I want more... :) Way to go cleaning the drains. You are way braver than I am.
I was totally baffled by your first lie. In fact, it took me a while to get to the end of your post because I couldn't get over the fact that you and your mom just drove out to the lake.
But you know what, it would be a fun drive. We should all do it sometime. Maybe roast a hotdogo and have s'mores, too.
Madam Mim is great!
Be careful of the drains. You could get hepatitis or something. Seriously.
Frhonda! You are a heroine!! Those are some of the coolest pictures I've ever seen haha I wish I'd been there to help you...despite the slight yuckiness it looks like a blast! And I too really like the water draining picture :] Haha coolest thing ever.
Post a Comment