This is Anamin.
Anamin got married on the 25th.
This story is about her wedding cake. Here's how it goes. We got to the wedding reception early to help set everything up. Everything is set up so nicely and it all looks beautiful. There is an empty spot waiting for the wedding cake, the reception starts in 15 minutes, and there's still no cake. Someone calls the cake guy to see when he's bringing the cake, and listening to the one sided conversation I hear him say, "No man, it's today." He stands up and leaves the room. Then, he comes back, grabs the groom, and takes him into the hall. We were all panicking, and the bride was about in tears. I tell her to stand in her line, look pretty, and smile.
Needless to say, we find out the guy thought the reception was on Saturday instead of Friday. By this time the reception is in full swing, and we're trying to figure out what to do about the missing cake. We go into the kitchen only to find they're almost out of the cake that they're serving. I decide that we'd better go find a cake for Anamin, and more cake to serve. I call my mom to see if she can meet me at Sam's Club since I figure that's the best place to find large cakes. While I'm talking to my mother, Rhonda calls Kaela, who was going with me, and tells her they found more cake in the fridge so there's plenty of cake we just need to find something for the cake.
We were in North Mesa, and I have no clue where anything is. We pick a street, and drive down it. There's no store until we get back into our neighborhood. We go to Party City and find a lovely cake topper. We get back to the reception a half hour before it's over.
We go back into the kitchen and the ladies tell me there's a cake in the fridge for us. We open the fridge and there's a perfect cake. It was a small, double layer, homemade cake, with white frosting. It was perfect! We took it into the Relief Society room, where all the flowers were. Kaela decorated it, put the topper on it, and we put it on the huge table designated for the cake.
As soon as we put it out, Anamin comes back into the kitchen, and says, "Since I don't have a cake..." We cut her off and told her she did have a cake. She almost starts crying and says, "I have a cake?!?!" Kaela went and showed it to her. She loved it. She said it meant more to her than any other cake anyone could have made. It was wonderful, and it all worked out.
Here's the cake:
So, where did this cake come from? Once we finally had everything settled, I went and asked. There was a lady in her family ward that was helping in the kitchen. She told me that she just felt like she needed to make a cake just in case they needed extra cake. I was so grateful for that sister and that she listened to that small prompting even though it could have seemed unimportant. It was exactly what we needed!
Because this is a parable there should be a moral: This is what I learned, I have some of the most amazing friends! I could see that in that circumstance other friends would start blaming each other and fighting. We just all pulled together and figured out how to fix it. I realized that's how we always are, if there's a problem we all pull together to fix it. I'm so grateful for that experience even though it was super stressful!
3 comments:
Kaela to the rescue!
dun dun da dun!
I think you should have titled this post "The miracle of the wedding cake". And part of the miracle was that Anamine was happy with it. Good for you, all you FRIENDS!
Such a great story! Coupled with Mark & Meta's story, who were married on the same day, it just goes to show that things seem to work out...we just need to have faith and do our part!
Post a Comment