I'm pretty sure my English teacher has died. She went to her friends wedding, located somewhere outside the United States. Before she left, she was pretty good at answering all of her students emails and any questions we might post up on blackboard. But this past week, she has been missing in action. As any upstanding ASU student would do, I completed all of my assignments for the online portion of the class. Except one. We were to write a paper about an issue of the world that we were interested in, just an informative paper. Then we were to post it to blackboard to be peer reviewed. We in turn had to review someone else's paper. I did all of this without too much groaning, and finished all of it on time. Now came the point where we needed to turn in the completed essay. BUT there were no instructions as to how we were supposed to turn it in. And I'm pretty sure she didn't tell us anything in class. Everyone in the class was freaking out, trying to find out if anyone else knew where to turn it in, so I wasn't the only one with issues. I figure the smartest thing to do was to just print out a copy and bring it to class on Thursday to turn in. I get to class early, as usual, and sit down in my same ol' seat. People start filing in. All of them looking very downtrodden and slightly concerned. Finally I turn to one boy and asked him if he had known where to turn the paper in. He said that he had "no flippin' idea" (edited, of course) and so I decided he was a crank and I wouldn't talk to him anymore. But then everyone started asking me if I'd known where to turn it in. I told them I didn't know either. So we were all in a state of slight panic. Except John who didn't even know it was due (what a nerd). One girl in my class, who could pull off the name "Shaniqua" very well, turned to me and said, "What do you think happened to her?" And I was confused and asked her who she was talking about. "Our teacher. What do you think happened to her? She usually emails us all back when we email her, but no one has heard from her all week." I told her that I really had no idea. "Maybe she's sick with the swine flu." That was my only idea. Shaniqua just shook her head, slowly and deliberately. "No", she said. "She's probably dead."
~Rhonda~
3 comments:
Hahahahahahahahaha
Oh Frhonda, how this post gladdened my heart!!!!
Although I sincerely hope your teacher is NOT dead!!! Lol. You are so hilarious. And awesome. :]
Sooo...do you know what happened yet? Rhonda, I think your life would make an amazing movie. But now that you are going to ASU, I'd probably be rated PG-13 for thematic material. I do not mean that you are involved in any of this "thematic material" you just have to walk through it and sit by it in class...But you know what, I think it helps grow deep roots. You know what is right, and you do what is right. I love Rhonda!
that is obviously the only solution ;) But really I hope that it all worked out ok and I am super excited to hear the rest of this story!
Post a Comment