Saturday, March 21, 2009

SPRING BREAK!!!!!

WARNING: There are a ton of pictures on here! AND Linda and Rhonda frequently switch back and forth typing, sorry if it's confusing.




Since ASU had Spring Break a week before everyone else (terrible I know!) I got to go on a fieldtrip to "Goldfield's Ghostown" with Marcie's Third Grade class. She was very thrilled! I was the only sibling that got to go because I'm the only one with a fingerprint clearance card!




Here's Marcie panning for gold, pyrite, and garnet.




Marcie's vial of goods!





In front of the Superstition Mountains. We learned the story of why they are called the "Superstition" mountains on this very boring train ride (I swear that Brandon Mull went on this train ride before writing Fablehaven 3. That's all I'll say I don't want to ruin the book for those who are reading it!)


Proof that I went.




Jill had a birthday party. It was fun!
Here's Jill eating dinner.


I guess when you're three and it's your birthday you can get away with a meal of potato chips.



Gramma Guthrie (our Mom) got her a cat that purred and she LOVED it!



Jack has the bluest eyes that are so cute!




Look at her eyes. Naughty or nice?



Marcie was there too!



And Anna

On Friday we went to Castles and Coasters. It was SO much fun! One of our favorite things to do is to ride the carousel. The first time, I rode a dragon!




And Linda rode a zebra. Isn't she cute?


This is the sign for the log ride or "splashdown". Mostly this is for Anamin. Ok Anamin, you have two choices here. You see, we might not have gone on the log ride and just taken a picture with this sign. Or we might have gone on the log ride (and cried, yet again) but not have pictures to prove it because everyone else was on the ride too. We'll let you choose.



Scenario 1 or Scenario 2? It's your decision.

Rhonda couldn't ride the BIG, SCARY Rollercoaster, but that's okay, I don't blame her.


This is us standing in line for the free fall ride. It was fun, but kinda made my stomach glug up into my throat. Gross. Aren't we cute?


Marcie looks kinda sick in all of these pictures, but she swears that she loved it.










Super fun! We love the magic carpet ride. You travel in a circle while going up and down at the same time. It is ultra fun! Due to some random physics thing, you are pushed to the outer edge of the ride, so the person on the outside gets squished. I love it! This picture is before we had started moving.




In this one Rhonda is trying to defy the random physics law that says she will smash into Linda. Inevitably it didn't work for too long and she ran into Linda with full force. ;)




Wheeee!! Marcie and Dad with Linda and Rhonda behind.




No, Rhonda is not holding on to Linda because she is scared. Linda went "dead weight" and Rhonda was trying to hold back her weight AND Linda's weight against that random physics law. It didn't work so well.




Cute little Linda in the bumper cars!






Cute Rhonda in the bumper cars.




It's lunch time! Linda's learning how to count in her Kindergarten and Preschool classes. How many crackers does Linda have?



Oh, four. Good job Linda, now you can eat your treat!



This is me pretending that I'm getting my senior pictures taken. Notice that I'm not REALLY resting my chin on my hand, I'm just pretending cuz I guess it looks better that way?




Here are the party kids!



This is from the ride that me and Linda went on all by ourselves.



Yes, it's the carousel.


I loved my little goat!


Until it speared me through the head.


I was a little angry, but then we kissed and made up, so everything was ok.






I don't know about you guys, but I kinda think this creature looks like Sid the sloth.



But that's just me.
Maybe a "Which-What-Who"?


This is the fro-horse. It has HUGE hair!! SHEESH!
(This is what Rhonda's hair looks like when she wakes up in the morning)



We took this picture cuz King Tritan is in the background!



You can't see it, but there were little mermaids spitting water all around his feet! Too funny!!



Me and Mr. Muscular


Rhonda wishes she were a member of the "International HOT BABE Association". Wait, I think she already is!

We had our own family Brazilian Barbeque that included Smores.


I think they like them!


The Firepit!


It's very interesting you know!


Erik filled a random whole with sand in his backyard and the kids thought it was a sandbox just for them. This hole is seriously only about 1ft in diameter.

Happy Spring Break!

6 comments:

Brandon Randall said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Spring Break! :) I went on a tiny one of those free fall rides at Amazing Jake's one time, and I loved it...but was so scared. (I also went on an even TINIER rollercoaster at the fair one time, and got even more scared. I couldn't handle a big rollercoaster or big falling ride thingy. I'm too much of a wimp. :D) And I loved the back-and-forth typing-ness! See you tomorrow, Rhonda! :)

JaimieA said...

Wow you guys look like you had tons of fun! It's fun to go on the field trips isn't it? I get to go on a lot too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Do I really have to choose between Scenario 1 or Scenario 2, I don't know haha I choose scenario 1 i guess. Free fall ride is the one ride I would never get on that ride IS scary. I also love the spinning one my favorite part is squishing who ever is next to me. Well It looks like you guys had a blast. Great pictures so much emotion :)

Alan said...

I got to go to the zoo with Marcie because I had a fingerprint clearance card. "Marcie is that your Dad?" It made the whole semester of being an education major worth it.

Rhonda and Linda are chickens. You can ride the flying carpet chuck-a-rama but can't handle the Desert storm?

Guthrie's said...

Alan said the "C" word, not me! Ha, ha!