Thursday, August 9, 2012

Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?

What do we do in the Summertime?  PARTY!!! Life has been nothing but a party all summer!

1-We had our second Guthrie Family Reunion. Well, actually, we reunion all the time with these people, but this was organized chaos, and we got matching shirts!
 
 It was tons of fun. Dancing and games! Thanks to Alan and Marie we have some new activities for Family Home Evening!



2-Grandkids Galore! We've taken care of grandkids quite a bit, and had so much fun with them.
 These are the best blocks in the world by the way. I don't know where they came from, but we've had them for as long as I can remember. Growing up we would build with these blocks or the Dominoes.
 (Jack may or may not have built this on his own. Not sure)

3- Survive the Dust Storms or as we refer to it "an haboob".


This particular storm was blowing in as I left for work. I could see it far off in the distance, and I watched it come closer and closer. At 5:00, as soon as we opened the door for business, it hit and came flying full steam ahead into all my poor cashier's eyes. Loved the rain afterwards though!!!


And now, life must resume it's regular pace. No more parties or staying up late we have people going to school around here. Oh the excitement of learning!

2 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

AN HABOOOOOB! :) Oh yes, we love to party. I'm sad that those carefree days are ending. We'll just have to find ways to sneak little parties into our otherwise busy schedules. Good blog Linda! Thanks for the update.
~Rhonda~

Cluff Family said...

That is exactly the way summer is supposed to be. Your lives may seem dull and full of responsibility to you, but it looks like lots of fun to us. You guys always manage to have fun and that is why we like you so much!